Job Search and Placement : The WorkKeys System
Program/Practice Name:The WorkKeys® System
Agency Name: ACT
Type of Program/Practice: WorkKeys® is a job skills assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a high-performance workforce.
Program/Practice Description: WorkKeys is a job skills assessment system measuring “real world” skills employers believe are critical to job success. These skills are valuable for any occupation–skilled or professional– and at any level of education.
Job Analysis (Profiling)
Identify the skill requirements and WorkKeys skill levels an individual must have to perform successfully.
Measure the current skills of individuals in four key areas:
- Communication Assessments: Business Writing, Listening for Understanding, and Reading for Information
- Problem–Solving Assessments: Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information, and Workplace Observation
- Interpersonal Skills Assessment: Teamwork
- Personal Skills Assessments: Performance, Talent, and Fit
KeyTrain® is the complete interactive learning tool for career readiness skills. At its foundation is a targeted curriculum written specifically to help people master the applied workplace skills as defined by the WorkKeys® system. This core curriculum is complemented by diagnostic tools, soft skills curriculum, and a powerful reporting system to form a robust career readiness learning system.
Innovations and Results: WorkKeys links education and workforce partners within a community by offering a common language to help them communicate about job skill requirements needed to develop employees and build a better workforce.
The system is designed to:
- Help instructors/educators identify gaps between student skills and employment needs
- Develop more efficient teaching
- Enable students to see a reason to take coursework seriously
- Reduce turnover, overtime, and waste while increasing morale
- Get the most efficiency from your training practices
- Keep employers from moving entry–level jobs to other cities, states, or countries
The WorkKeys system is used by thousands of companies worldwide as a tool to help employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain the high–performance workforce necessary to compete successfully in today’s global economy.
Case studies are available at http://www.act.org/workforce/case
Validity and Reliability: WorkKeys tests are valid and reliable. Technical manuals provide further information on validity and reliability and are available by contacting WorkKeys.
Costs: Sites interested in becoming testing centers should contact ACT.
“There are no tools associated with this program.”