Youth Systems Building Academy Announcement
The U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration invites workforce communities to nominate themselves to be a part of the Youth Systems Building Academy (YSBA). YSBA will provide local workforce systems and their community partners with targeted and individualized training and technical assistance to explore, design, test, implement, or scale system-level approaches to engage and support young people in the workforce including:
• Improving youth employment opportunities and outcomes.
• Increasing understanding of equitable policies and practices for youth career pathways and what a quality job means for young workers.
• Aligning local systems policies, resources, and programming, including among DOL-funded programs and investments and across other Federal, state, local and philanthropic funded investments.
• Using data to inform system improvements, including promoting a better understanding of how to use and share data to ensure equitable access and outcomes for youth served.
• Increasing knowledge and access to resources related to youth workforce professional development and building youth practitioners’ skills related to positive youth development and trauma-informed principles.
• Increasing awareness of the public workforce system for youth and young adults by engaging youth and including youth voice in messaging, recruitment, and engagement and other programmatic decision making.
Applications are due before Friday, January 13, 2023, 5:00 p.m. ET.