Refugee Resettlement Services 101
The U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration will host a webinar on June 27, 2022 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET which will provide workforce development professionals the fundamentals of available services through the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and examples of collaborative approaches to best serve newly arriving refugees, asylees, and Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) entrants. By the end of this webinar, participants will become:
• Familiar with the different types of new arrival status: refugees, asylees, SIV holders;
• Familiar with the difference types of ORR funded services available to refugees, asylees, and SIV holders;
• Familiar with key timelines with respective ORR services;
• Able to connect and collaborate with state and local ORR staff to help entrant services optimize ORR and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)/Discretionary Grant services; and
• Familiar with successful and emerging practices occurring between ORR and local area workforce development staff.
You may also like..
- Education and Training
- Supportive Services
- Special Populations