Program Announcement: Affordable Connectivity Program
On May 9, 2022, The White House announced the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help low-income households pay for internet and connected services.
Under the Affordable Connectivity Program, eligible households may receive:
• Up to $30/month discount on internet service.
• Up to $75/month discount if the household is on qualifying tribal lands.
• A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, table, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Information about how households can sign up for ACP and find participating internet providers in their area can be found at GetInternet.gov, a simple and easy-to-use website. Additionally, more detailed facts about the overall program can be found on this ACP fact sheet.
The Office of Family Assistance sent letters to Tribal TANF grantees and letters to state and territory TANF grantees to share this important information and to help ensure that financially struggling households can take advantage of affordable internet service.
You may also like..
- Supportive Services
- Special Populations
- TANF Program Administration
- Tribal TANF
- TANF Policy and Legislation