OFA Webinar: TANF Next Practices: Lessons from COVID-19 Informing Innovation and Modernization
The Office of Family Assistance (OFA) PeerTA hosted a “TANF Next Practices: Lessons from COVID-19 Informing Innovation and Modernization” webinar on March 23, 2022. This webinar provided a discussion platform for TANF programs just starting to think about program innovation and modernization, as well as those deep into the journey. PeerTA and the American Public Human Services Association facilitated discussion with three TANF programs at various stages of innovation and modernization that shared their experiences and how COVID-19 has impacted their journey.
In this webinar, participants:
• Became familiar with the history of TANF modernization approaches
• Considered what state and local human services agencies have developed as TANF Modernization Core Principles and Strategies
• Discussed the experiences of different state and local TANF agencies as they innovate and modernize during the COVID-19 pandemic
• Identified next steps in their own TANF innovation and modernization journey
• Understood how to request PeerTA assistance to assist in these efforts