OWRA is a web-based tool that offers an innovative approach to creating a plan for clients that summarizes their strengths and barriers, and makes recommendations on placement into work activities and work supports. Funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Family Assistance, the OWRA Tool offers social service agency caseworkers and staff services for clients through five modules, including a detailed, comprehensive assessment of client’s strengths, barriers, and work readiness.
The OWRA Tool is organized into five related Modules that allow caseworkers:
- To identify participants’ barriers to work;
- To determine participants’ work skills and work readiness;
- To link participants to pertinent development and work activities;
- To use employment projections to align client interests with available jobs; and
- To track and monitor participant activities.