PeerTA: Tribal TANF Webinar Series
PeerTA continues to support the development of strong Tribal TANF programs working with children and families. Many programs have expressed interest in receiving training for staff on strengthening client engagement, motivating clients for success, screening and assessment, and other important areas. PeerTA is coordinating a multi-part training series for Tribal TANF programs seeking to improve case management outcomes.
This online training series facilitated by Jodie Sue Kelly will be offered over the next 4 months and includes practical application assignments and virtual office hours with Jodie Sue to provide site specific feedback and answer implementation questions. The trainings are for frontline staff, client support specialists, lower-level managers, and others who may provide direct services or have direct engagement with participants. The bootcamp will also create a small community of learning for those who participate. Participants will benefit from peer discussions and virtual support from the PeerTA team as well.
How to Register
Space is limited so please register soon! The first webinar is February 8. There are no costs associated with your participation. You will need access to the Internet and Adobe Connect.
Webinar Series Details
Overarching Goals for Tribal TANF Programs:
- Enhance the case management skills of Tribal TANF staff to improve employment outcomes;
- Reduce the number of sanctions while improving work participation;
- Develop applicable products and tools to improve case management performance and employment outcomes; and
- Generate continuous dialogue across Tribal TANF programs resulting in long-term peer support and the sharing of best practices that improve employment outcomes
Webinar Topics/Dates: (Note - all times listed are EST)
- Improving Participant Engagement, Motivation and Participation – February 8, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Using Motivational Interviewing Techniques in Assessment – March 8, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Writing Effective, Efficient Case Notes that Support the Plan – May 3, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Improving Employment Outcomes – June 7, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- TANF Program Administration
- Tribal TANF