New Approaches for Identifying and Addressing Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Challenges among TANF Participants
This webinar explores promising practices and programs from TANF programs and Department of Labor grantees that help TANF recipients with a disability move toward employment. This webinar will examine opportunities and challenges in providing supports and services, as well strategies and approaches such as customized employment, being used to help recipients with a disability secure and maintain employment. The webinar will explore opportunities for partnerships between TANF and disability and workforce programs to promote employment outcomes and:
- Provide a context for the connection between disability, TANF, and intergenerational poverty.
- Share information on evidence-based approaches that offer universal design strategies for youth on TANF and/or in families receiving TANF support.
- Provide information on different user-friendly strategies for implementing Customized Employment, another universal design evidence-based approach to employment that better ensures a successful job match with higher retention rates.
- Highlight states that are implementing successful practices to engage and support people with disabilities that promote employment outcomes.
- Provide links to resources that can assist TANF program staff in designing programs and providing services that promote employment outcomes for youth and adults with disabilities.
This webinar will be held on Thursday, July 12, 2018 from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. EDT. Registration is required to attend this session. Click here to register now.
You may also like..
- Employment Retention
- Special Populations
- Disabled Individuals