The Future of Building Wealth: Research, Policy & Action
Racial, gender, generational and educational wealth gaps have been large, enduring, and exacerbated further by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Social Policy Institute at Washington University and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis will host an in-person event, “The Future of Building Wealth: Research, Policy & Action” on October 11, 2022 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT which will include a conversation on how to address wealth gaps and offer pathways to build savings and wealth. Speakers will address:
- The latest data and trends around wealth inequality in the U.S.;
- Why the tax-filing moment is a goldenopportunity to build savings and assets;
- How Child Development Accounts can foster a future orientation and build lifelong assets;
- An innovative community growth and "builders" program;
- The promise of financial capability strategies for building stronger balance sheets; and
- Cutting edge financial inclusion products and strategies.
For those unable to attend in-person, requests for a recording of the event can be submitted here.
- Asset Building
- Special Populations